- Outlook hangs at blue splash screen with "Loading profile..." and never opens.
- Win 10 64-bit 10.0.10240
- Office 2016 64-bit 16.0.4229.1029
- IMAP account hosted with GoDaddy (imap.secureserver.net) - only item in profile (.OST backed, default settings)
Solutions that did not work:
- Creating a new Outlook profile
- Clearing out all MAPI config from the registry (renaming HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem )+reboot
- Deleting all Outlook folders under %USERPROFILE% dir
- Renaming out all Outlook registry settings under HKCU
- Doing a full repair of Office 2016
- Setting up under a fresh user account
- Starting Outlook with /SAFE parameter
- Disabling IPv6 (create DWORD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\T
cpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponents set to 0xffffffff)+reboot
- Clearing out Windows Search (ControlPanel->IndexingOptions, unchecking Outlook, 'Delete+rebuild' on advanced tab)
Solution that did work:
- Disconnecting the network, then reconnecting when Outlook was open.
- Launch Outlook, wait for blue splash screen stuck at "Loading profile..."
- Launch an Administrator command prompt. (Start, type CMD, press Ctrl+Shift+Enter, say Yes.)
- IPCONFIG /release at command prompt.
- Outlook opened up
- IPCONFIG /renew at command prompt.
- Clicked "Send/Receive All Folders" - sync completed normally.